Wednesday, April 28, 2010

trimming off the lean meat...

i realized when i went to go make a list of all the things i listened to and watched to post up as an "as is" upload to catch up with the way i post things usually i realized that most of it wasn't that special and just background music in the elevator of my mind... maybe i whistled along while waiting for my floor, but i didn't sing along and feel like moving to the music... if my body moves to the groove or i start singing along involuntarily i know it's having a big effect on me as a person... so from now on i'm trimming off the lean meat and the veggies and only posting up the fat that sticks with me and has that staying power that gives me something to burn my creativity and motivation for promoting music off of. every once in a while i may post a cup of coffee or two or a quick smoke but those'll be just a little energy boost that aren't that good for me.

i have the player at the top of the page i may throw a song in or two for things i don't post if there's something i really liked on one of the albums i listened to and didn't post... but that's about it... i started this and the old blog as a diary to be able to make time relevant to me... most of my memories of days have music tied to them and when i hear something that triggers a day's memories i can go back and see when that actually was if i want since i really hold no concept of time in my reality... most times i don't even know what day of the week it is or if it's day or night when i wake up if it's light out or dark... i know the difference between sunrise and sunset but my alarm clock always flashes the time in relation to when the power last went out... it's only right if the power comes back on at 12.

so from now on only the good sticky stuff and a few quickies.

my best memories from yesterday were:

chris stamey experience (with yo la tengo) - a question of temperature (2k5)
which i'm listening to again right now... and is uploading to the file pile.

twin sister - color your life (2010)
already posted before... ordering a few vinyls for the local shops which has an extra track on it so it's actually a full album and not a mini and well worth the 12 dollars (order it from them and the actual record company direct since they don't get paid more than pocket change from the distro company).

low - secret name (1999)
such slowly powerful stuff... i don't know how they do it... also uploading.

east river pipe - helmet on (1993) 7" ep
i always love me a little sewage water dumping in the east river... uploading.

there's one more that was a creative commons release i forget the name of but it'll get a proper post... there are seven or ten others but they were just elevator music and without looking in my music collection or my mp3 player... i really have no clue what they were so they must've not been that important.

i watched part of avatar again while eating dinner but my laptop over heated from running an outline to the tv, doing uploads, and spinning a dvd at the same time for over two hours so when my computer crashed i just quit the movie... i also watched nurse jackie, which is a good little dramedy and after chris stamey's done again i'll watch united states of tara.

ok. that's all.

listen with an open mind.
enjoy.

later.
-drk

No comments:

Post a Comment