Sunday, April 11, 2010

i'll be back to posting soon.

i'm not really listening to anything in particular today for a while and i fell asleep five or ten minutes into crazy on the outside this morning (not because it was terrible but because i was up for twenty-four hours)... so after i do a little band scouting for something new to get into, i'm gonna watch that film (which sadly, i think i might actually like) and then do a little song polishing, writing, and maybe even painting... so don't bother checking back until the morning because there probably won't be anymore posts today 'til maybe after sunrise... then i'll flop up all i got into tonight before i go to bed for my afternoon sleep... i'm a night owl... or moon man... or lunie, or third-shifter, or whatever you wanna call it.

right now i'm listening to myself again while typing this before i start web surfing again.

<a href="http://stump.bandcamp.com/album/melody-a-day-vol-5">04.03.10 by stump</a>

i've noticed that i'm pretty much my only fan and that's ok with me since i really only make art and music for a type of art therapy i force on myself to keep out of depression... it would make me feel a lot better if someone would actually download something since it's all free... even if they never took the time to listen to it, at least they took the time to press download and look at the page before throwing it in the recycle bin... ten second plays and skips with no downloads makes you feel bad about making music.

the ex tried to tell me that people care about my art and music and argued with me over the fact that i said nobody cares, and she tried to say i had no way to prove that nobody cares... but i'm the one who sees the stats... and trust me, as of today and the last three years before - nobody cares but me... and further proof was that she hasn't even visited my sites to see what i've done and she probably still hasn't even looked at my pages even though she made a big deal to argue over it... even though she says she cares for me and says it's important what i do for others... there is no real proof.

if anyone does care, please tell me. if they don't, go ahead and tell me too... i need criticism... just remember most things are recorded with no planning, re-takes, or intensive writing sessions... doodle it or program it, record it, improv over it, a little touch up effects and re-mixing... done... and i usually don't go back to it.

i wrote this song yesterday that's bothering me because all i hear is bill callahan singing it in my mind both times when i played it and tried to sing it... so i'll probably record that to get it over with... i hate it when i write something that reminds me too much of something else... bill callahan does a fine job of writing his own songs and doesn't need my unintentional mockery.

enough about my bill-bull.

go make some art and music today and come back tomorrow, i'd actually like to see what people do with their free time... always feel free to share anything you've done... i'm always up to listen.

listen with an open mind.
enjoy.

later.
-drk

No comments:

Post a Comment